Stress, stress, stress!?! We all know it’s bad for us. Let’s go down the list, besides increasing your risk of heart disease …well we knew that! It also increases depression, anxiety, obesity and cognitive performance – Can’t seem remember anything? Stress is part of life and yes our brains are wired in that it’s often difficult to take action until we feel at least some level in the emotional state of stress, in fact, our performance peaks under the activation that comes with moderate levels of stress. The key is to not allow the stress to be prolonged! Being able to keep our stress levels under control is of utmost important for our mind, body and overall well being. These following tips may help in alleviating stress.
- Take the time to appreciate the Blessings in your life…if you pay attention you will notice just how many you have!
- Avoid the “What if” …Life is too short and too long to dwell on the past…Move forward try something new!
- Stay connected…There’s a time for work and a time for friends and family, put aside the technology and connect with your Loved ones, have Physical contact with the people in your life, look into their eyes!
- Stay active…Get outdoors go biking, hiking or workout, staying physically fit is a MUST!
- Rest your body…Sleep, this is so important, we must rest our Body and Mind!