Registered Dietician Barbara Moschitta, MPS, RD, CDN
Spring is less than two weeks away, so get your kitchen ready with some healthy, vibrant meal ideas!
Grilled Salmon Fillets, Asparagus and Onions
Nutrients per Serving:
- 255 Calories
- 8g Total Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 35g Protein
- 8g Carbohydrates
- 86mg Cholesterol
- 2g Dietary Fiber
- 483mg Sodium
Dietary Exchange: 1 Vegetable and 4 Meat
Makes 6 servings
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 6 salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup bottled honey-Dijon marinade or barbecue sauce
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) fresh asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 large red or sweet onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Sprinkle paprika over salmon fillets. Brush marinade over salmon; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Brush asparagus and onion slices with olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in center of grill rack. Place asparagus and onion slices around salmon. Grill, uncovered, 5 minutes. Turn salmon and vegetables. Grill 5 to 6 minutes more or until salmon flakes when tested with fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. Separate onion slices into rings; serve over asparagus.